Eager to teach students
twenty-first century skills in research using a unique combination of education experience coupled with seven years’
experience of integrating technology and print resources into teaching library skills.
· Master Degree in Library and Information Science and Bachelor Degree in Education. Master of Education
in Technology Degree. SCISA Master Teacher 2009.
· Experienced in use of the Internet and educational software.
· Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love
of reading in children.
Master of Education in Technology Degree Courses
of Library and Informational Science
South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
Bachelor of Education
University of Kentucky, Lexington,
Paralegal Certification Course
Trident Technical College
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Member
KY State Elementary Certificate, Grades 1-8.
Certified in Elementary
Education (K-8). Experience in K-12.
Plans and instructs each
lesson plan using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Incorporate teaching principles
of Orton-Gillingham (language-based instruction for children with learning disabilities). Develop and conduct inter-grade
approaches to subject material. Research educational resources on the Internet. Assist with information retrieval.
Librarian: purchase, catalog, develop collection, circulate,
collaborate with teachers, and assist in development of curriculum. Develop and conduct summer reading and incentive reading
· Software: Microsoft Windows® and Microsoft Word, Dreamweaver, Pressomatic, Power Point, Excel, Tripod
· Working knowledge of the Internet
· System installations and debugging; terminal/printer operations
· Basic html – Web site creation
Trident Academy, Mount
Pleasant, SC 29464
(An accredited Orton-Gillingham
School for children with
- 5th Grade Social Studies Teacher
- 8th Grade South Carolina History Teacher
- Assistive technology tutor
August 2001 to present
South Carolina Association of School Librarians
- Young Adult Book Award committee
- Independent and Special Schools committee
- Conference presenter – SCISA, SCASL & SCIDEA
Young Adult Library
of School Librarians
International Society for Technology in Education
Passed the Praxis
Exam for Media Specialist 03/03/2007